10.25.2005

This semester brought to you by the letters W & S

So, as I progress through the semester I see themes emerging. This semester I find a couple things from my past coming back to haunt me. What things? Well, first off I admit that I haven't seen as many "classic" films as I should. How does this haunt me you ask? Simple. Orson Welles. See, not only did I get to watch Citizen Kane, but also two of his Shakespeare adaptations (Othello and Falstaff). Sure, I should have been expecting it for taking a Shakespeare film and literature class. This brings me to my other haunt. See, I took English Literature in high school. Apparently, I was feeling hoity-toity at the time. So, of course I got enough Shakespeare to shake a stick at. You'd think I'd learn, but no - I took a Shakespeare class as a literature gen ed in my quest for an associate's degree. Now, I continue on this quest and am taking the aforementioned film and literature class. But like Welles, who escaped my film analysis class, the Bard refuses to be contained. Thank you "Interpretation of Literature" for giving me more Shakespeare than I could handle.

I expected to learn things that carried over into other classes, but come on! In the same semester?

No comments: