Well, Kim and I (finally) got new phones. Her's had been quite a bit of trouble since the Cingular / AT&T Wireless merger... you know the one with the motto for Iowa City: More bars in more places. So, as I was retiring my phone (which holds the dubious distinction of being the phone which I heard that my grandfather had died), I went into the menu and discovered that I had blabbed for 148 hours and 45 minutes in the phone's lifetime (that's 8,925 minutes). Bear in mind, that wasn't all at once, and for a laugh most of those were free (mobile to mobile, nights and weekends). I shall miss my little phone, it served me well. But of course, we all move on to larger screens and hopefully better reception.
On a side note, leaving for work today I was watching a bit of El Presidente interacting with the press. Weird stuff, like he was answering questions and almost being humble (and not acting like a talking points robot). Where's this guy been for 6 years? Maybe if he'd been acting like this the whole time I might not dislike him so much.
p.s. My apologies for not updating this in a while. Finals and all that.

No comments:
Post a Comment