I'm pretty sure I've used that title before for one of my blogs, but oh well. Anywho here are some random thoughts on my mind. First, at the Iowa State Fair I made it a point to sign the "Support Stem Cell Research" petition over at the Democrat's booth in the Varied Industries building. Bear in mind, that I'm generally hesitant to take Red/Blue sides, but it's no suprise to anyone I know that I'd think that way. On a related note: Jim Nussle, running for governor. He was not part of the attempted majority to overturn the president's veto (read: he effectively voted for the president). If I wanted a Republican whipping boy... well, I'd elect Rove to our statehouse. Somebody find me a free thinker. (Paging Doug Gross: At least you didn't appear to be a whipping boy).
This is related to another problem I've found lately. If you weren't aware, the Des Moines city council (and the state, to be fair) has grown into a good ol' boys club. The problem: they're Democrats. My deep rooted fear is that come November the balance of power is going to shift and that this will shift to a deeply red state. Now, let me be clear on this, I'm all for "voting the bums out." So, why can't people in their own party who feel the incumbent is no longer serving their needs run against them. So what if it ends up being Democrat vs. Democrat (or vice versa), separate the wheat from the chaff.
Enough political rambling. I've finally update the link over to the left. Apple has unleashed their new Mac Pro. And since it's an Intel system, it should take no translation to figure out that this baby cooks (with gas, and a double burner). Hot stuff, check it out.
On a tangent from Justin's blog: I've found one thing in my ripe old age. Friends are only as good as you keep them. I realize now that I neglected my good (high school) friends when I went to college. Maybe this is normal, but I have a great set of friends. Yes, relationships change, and they have, but I try to make it a point to see those friends whenever possible. Yes, this means as soon as (or shortly after) I get a job, I'm headed to Cham-bana. But maintaining family is just as important, and I owe my brother a trip to Carbondale as well.
Enough for tonight. I have a session for Tuesday to plan.

No comments:
Post a Comment