So... we all know that my favorite news website is MSNBC (and by extension Newsweek, since MSNBC runs a lot of their articles). Regardless a thought-provoking article was posted recently about the state of education in this country. (In case you're wondering, the state of education is between georgia and houston, in case you didn't feel like checking a map... or didn't learn how in school). Basically, what I get out of it is that while we are creating free-thinking independent, um, activists. We're neglecting to, I don't know, actually teach them something in the process. Now, I admit to firmly believing that people should be given the tools to think for themselves. But, the US still sucks it up hardcore in the math and science departments. When China comes to kick our economic ass, at least we'll be free-thinking enough about it to know.
As always, read it for yourself and be a free thinker.
Don't you hate people that don't tell you what the actual link address is?
(P.S. Happy 28th to Barbara, in 2009)

No comments:
Post a Comment