So, I promised more after mid-terms. Well, all my tests are done, so I suppose I can make time for my loyal readers (all four of you). So, I did the math, both literally and figuratively. For once in my life, I'm getting an A in my math class. Wonder how I'm going to screw that one up :) Unfortunately, my other classes aren't going so hot. I expect a C in religions, unless (please pardon the pun) some miracle happens and my teacher lets me slide with a B. Darn one test that I didn't really study for (fist pumping in air)!!!
Much like my esteemed colleague Justin, I'm trying to iron out some details of my own campaign world. The plan is a horrible mish-mosh of things running around my head and ideas that I'm going to flagrantly rip off from Lord of the Rings. We'll see how that goes. I'm still bouncing around the idea of an oriental campaign. My religions class has only served to increase my desire to do that. Right now the thought in the back of my head is to actually create two totally separate worlds: one 'traditional' medieval fantasy, and one oriental. If there is an interest will help me decide which one will end up being more fleshed out. Knowing me, I'll probably end up stealing ideas from myself. I debated using Rokugan (the setting from the Oriental Adventures book), but it just doesn't grab me, shake me, and say YOU MUST PLAY THIS like the Forgotten Realms does.
Of course, if I had more time, I'd work on these things. Right now I sneak ideas into the back of my notebook during class.... think that affects my religion grade? Nah. Although, having to sit there for an hour does force me to put my ideas on paper, something that I admit I wasn't the best at. I'll bet once I move to Iowa City, particularly over the summer before the wedding, I'll have time to make a good world, a clean world, a good clean world.
So, looking forward to the Rice/Goose invasion. Probably means I should stock up on food.

No comments:
Post a Comment