Been a while since a political rant, but I figured with the craziness in Crawford I could sneak in a few dives. Right now the thing that sticks in my head is the big fight in 2000 when G.W. was elected and the republican mantra was, "We'll restore dignity to the White House." Has that promise been fulfilled? I mean, the international community seems to have fostered an extreme dislike for the guy. Amusingly the oft heard reference is that they don't hate Americans, just the administration. Kinda rings along with the old saying, when all your friends tell you you're drunk - you're drunk. Okay, so G.W. hasn't gotten a blow job in the Oval Office (that we know of), yet there seems to be a large increase in shady dealings within the government and even more shadiness going on outside in the form of government favors to big business.
Want to restore dignity to the White House? Here's a suggestion, remind the government that it was founded to be by the people, of the people, and most importantly for the people. That means all the people not the "haves and have mores"

No comments:
Post a Comment