So, a new week, a new post. First, my rant vs. windows. I come in to do extra work to get ahead in my class. You know, gots to be the hero and all that. And of course, I'm working on a Mac. I'm a convert, what can I say. Anywho, so I save the project file to the server, thinking (and this is my exact thought) "I'll just render this tomorrow in class. And since this is a public system I don't want to leave my files on it."
"Crap. I'll miss the bus if I don't hurry up." So, I don't check to make sure everything is groovy. Well, apparently its a windows server and it threw away the associative information that told the mac that it was a project file. So yeah, long story even longer: an hour and a half of work - in the crapper. No heroness for me.
Although, in windows defense... I recently (read - last night) migrated my system to my other hard drive. Total reformat. Total reinstall. And, so far as I can tell, it went marvelously. Except that windows threw out (expectedly) the registration info, so that's a minor pain in the ass of calling them up again.
I notice I'm mildly swearing more in today's post. I apologize to the weak of heart.
That's about it from the U of I. Next week - bratwurst.
No comments:
Post a Comment