Wow, that's really the lazy way to get out of giving this a title isn't it. I should be ashamed, but I figure no one's reading this anyways. Anywho, it's Thursday, so time for my weekly update.
I'm sure you may have guessed by now that I'm not thrilled with the results of the election. Darn rural voters (I know Justin has more choice words for them). Maybe in the future, Democrats should reach out to them and try to win every state, not just a few like the chess game that played out on Tuesday. I mean, so many other races could have been much closer if they hadn't gone to the "battleground" game. A lot of returns I saw were for 55/45 splits, or at worst 60/40. (That doesn't count DC, which gave me the laugh of the night with the 90/10 split for Kerry). Regardless, even if Kerry had won, it would still have been a very red map. If that doesn't tell you that there's a problem in the democratic strategy, nothing will.
Of course, for me, I'm just pissed off because the American electorate just re-elected hate. I didn't see one positive ad come from the Bush ticket (and even worse stuff vicariously). Honestly, America, how can you subscribe to this hateful politics. I mean, at least Chuck Grassley (who kicked ass, and took names), commended his opponent on running a positive, issues-based campaign. More of that please.
I don't care if he's a liberal or a conservative. No one I know falls straight under that category. Heck, my old minister is a die-hard conservative, but tries to run a very liberal church. Think about that. I don't honestly care about abortion in the grand scheme of things. If lady down the street wants to have one, good for her. I care about whether or not my family is going to have to support my parents (or her parents) because Social Security sucks. I'm very concerned at the moment about insurance (not exactly well kept secret, we're don't have medical insurance right now). I'm concerned about the cost of education, considering I've had the fun of watching my tuition grow exponentially since I started (way back in '97). Issues. Is that too much to ask.
Vote for me in 2016 (I'll be 37 and legally old enough).
End of rant.

No comments:
Post a Comment